Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Reflection #25

(1) Describe the Resource / Experience:
During my resource search this week, I discovered a software program called Comic Life. Comic Life is a software program that allows users to import and manipulate digital photos in order to create a comic-book-type publication. With this software, users can import digital pictures into a comic book page template layout and add speech bubbles and lettering. The software is fairly cheap ($24.95 for the standard edition and $29.95 for the deluxe edition) and http://plasq.com/downloads/ allows you to download and use the software for free for 30 days.
(2) Lessons Learned / Applications for the Classroom / Recommendations for Yourself or Others:
After downloading a free trial version of the Comic Life software, I was amazed. It was very fun and easy to use. I thought it would be a good resource to include in my log because it’s a software program that allows users to use technology to construct a hands-on product. I think this software could be used in the classroom to motivate students (especially middle school – junior high students because they LOVE comic books!!!) because I think students would work harder to construct knowledge if they knew they would be able to express or communicate what they have learned in the form of a comic book. This software is very open-ended and it allows students to be original and creative. As for recommendations for myself and other teachers, I would recommend that we look into purchasing and using this software in our classrooms because I think it’s an AWESOME and MOTIVATING resource.
(3) Links to Readings, Resources, or Discussions:
These ideas directly link to the following resource from my Resource Log:

Plasqers. (2008, November 11). Comic life. Plasq.com. Retrieved from http://plasq.com/downloads/

No comments:

Post a Comment